The Crazy Family Blog

It's a big wide world out there. We know that life flows like a river and time waits for no one. We want to keep going as long and as far as we can take it. It takes a lot of work to plan a trip, not to mention a trip for a family of five, not to mention a family with twin 7-year-olds and a teenager! So we decided to share some of our experiences and hopefully, inspire someone out there to take their big, lovely family on a trip! So follow us around the world!

Travelling is second nature to me. I was blessed with a family that loved travelling (the all known group travelling-by coach-way most Greek families tried in the 80s) and I really got into it around the age of 10. So, I fell in love really early with doing luggage, trying to fit an extra pair of shoes in the backpack, choosing routes and searching for ticket offers around the world.

Unlike my husband I never doubted we would continue to travel the world. For me, seeing new places, tasting new cuisines, greeting new people and discovering new itineraries comes as naturally as breathing. Thus, I never hesitated when the idea first came up to pack for three and then for five. The only thing that stopped me was money, but I soon discovered that travelling with children was plausible if one was ready to make adjustments, changes and some serious planning.

As a foreign languages teacher, I have always believed that involving children in the process, any process, is what makes them learn best. So travelling with them is my way of teaching them how to be independent, sociable, tolerant, cosmopolitan, adventurous and above all, how to create family  memories of freedom, sharing in great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!